The Regional Rural Banks in India conduct recruitment every year under the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS). The examination is conducted for three major posts. These include:
- Officer Scale I (IBPS RRB PO)
- Officer Scale-II & II (Specialist and Generalist Officers)
- Office Assistants – Multipurpose (IBPS RRB Clerk)
RRBs appoint candidates in the Gramin Banks of the country and the benefits, salary, perks, responsibilities and designation is what drives candidates to opt for the above-mentioned posts. Being an annual examination and a banking sector job, lakhs of candidates apply for the various posts every year, increasing the competition and standard of the examination.
The syllabus and exam pattern for the IBPS RRB online examinations is slightly different in comparison to the other posts for which the Institute conducts recruitment. All the aspiring candidates can visit the linked article and get answers to all their questions regarding the recruitment, salary, selection scheme, etc.
As stated above, being one of the highest cadre banking sector examinations in the country, the number of applicants is very high and this has resulted in a higher cut off and increased standard of examination over the years. Thus, having an edge over the other candidates is extremely important to crack the examination. Thus, discussed below are some key tips which will help candidates excel in the upcoming bank exams.
Preparation Tips To Ace the Banking Sector Examinations
- Familiarize Yourself with the Syllabus and Exam Pattern – The official notification released by the conducting body clearly mentions the exam pattern and syllabus. Though over the years no major changes have been made in either of the two, yet the conducting body reserves the right to change or update it at any given time
- Strategize a Study Plan – Based on the syllabus, analyse your strengths and weaknesses and accordingly sort out a timetable, wherein proper time is devoted for the preparation of each subject along with time dedicated for revision and also small in-between breaks
- Collect Study Material and Make Notes – Gather the best set of books and study material from online or offline sources. This will be beneficial for candidates studying at home or even opting for coaching institutes for assistance. Once you start with your preparation, make proper and detailed notes for future reference
- Understand the Concepts – Since the syllabus has not changed in the past few years, the questions asked are from similar topics, however, their complexity increases each year. Thus, having a great understanding of the concepts is extremely important to answer questions
- Solve Questions based on Concepts – Just going through the concept may not be enough to answer all the questions asked in the paper. It is necessary that a candidate solves as many practice questions as possible. Ensure that the books you choose have a sufficient number of solved examples and practise exercise
- Focus on Time Management – Time plays a very important role in cracking bank exams. Since a stipulated time is allotted to solve all the questions, one must ensure that they are able to solve more questions within the given time, and that too efficiently as negative marking is also applicable in online prelims and mains examination
- Refer to Coaching or External Assistance, if needed – In case an applicant is appearing for the exam for the first time, he/she can join coaching institutes for assistance with understanding the topics and exam patterns for bank exams
- Solve Mock Tests – Time-based mock tests and practise papers are easily available online. By solving these, candidates can evaluate their own performance by the marks scored at the end of each test. It will also help in creating an examination hall-like atmosphere at home which will help build the candidate’s confidence
- Positive Attitude – Because of the comprehensive syllabus and tough competition, the preparation may become a bit exhausting but candidates must not take the pressure of it. Being positive throughout the course of recruitment is extremely important for the candidate’s growth and development
- Check Previous Year Papers and Cut Off Marks – To apprehend the difficulty level of the examination, aspirants must go through the previous year question papers. It will also help in comprehending the topics which are important from the examination perspective. Cut off marks, on the other hand, will give a better understanding of the minimum qualifying marks and the trend of increase or decrease in the cut off marks over the past few years
The tips mentioned above will prove to be helpful for other competitive and bank exams as well. Aspirants who are looking forward to appearing for the Upcoming Bank Exams 2021 can visit the linked article and get a comprehensive list of banking sector exams along with all the relevant details.
With the IBPS RRB notification 2021 already out, aspirants who missed an opportunity this year must start their preparation for the 2022 recruitment.